Wednesday 19 August 2015

Steampunked Nerf Revolver




I do occasional sculpture and other three dimensional works.

Here is a Nerf revolver I Steampunked up.



This was all painted in acrylic by brush, as I didn’t have the airbrush when I did this. 

I used card craft stickers to get the embossed floral designs and covered the one part I that I couldn’t mini-drill smooth with a brass dedication plate made from the thin plastic from an  old Airfix Napoleonic cavalryman kit.

I am particularly pleased with the wood effect. I made sure that the grain was consistent through the piece.

Once I was happy with the effects, I applied several layers of spray mat varnish to seal it.

I think it’s come out quite well and is still functional.

Until next time.

Adieu



No comments:

Post a Comment